The foundation of DGR Engineering began in 1952. That’s when a young electrical engineer named John DeWild quit his job at Rock Rapids Utilities to pursue his dreams. Soon after, he met with electrical engineer Dick Grant. It took just a simple handshake to build a business and partnership that would last for decades. In 1954 Bob Reckert was added to the expanding engineering firm, and together they made DeWild Grant Reckert and Associates Company, today known as DGR Engineering.

Sixty-five years after that single handshake, DGR maintains the same spirit of passion, advancement and partnership that the company was built on. With more than 100 professionals, who together co-own the firm, and five locations in the upper Midwest, DGR looks forward to many more decades of helping businesses, schools and communities grow, and building the foundation for every day.